School Background

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Classroom Inspiration

Pinterest always has photos catching my eye, inspiring me to make or do things for home or classroom.

My inspiration from Classroom DIY:


Since I'm not teaching reading this year, I figured I would do "MATH" for my word. Yet while shopping at Walmart in hopes to find my materials cheaper than Hobby Lobby or Michaels, I found wooden letters that were the perfect size (about 5" tall) and a good price. Problem was, they were out of A, T, and H. Therefore, I did my name.

My final product

To go along with my Red, Black, and White classroom theme, I went to Hobby Lobby for scrapbooking paper (Walmart had a poor selection). In search of color related pages, I couldn't find any red designs or shades of red that caught my eye. Black and White it is. I'll have a red background on the wall where I intend to hang them with my important information papers (i.e. phone extensions, family photo, lesson plans, etc.). I took photos of the process but forgot to take a picture when I was spray painting the back and sides of the wooden letters white.
Step 1 - Pick the pages

Step 2 - Trace the letters turned over

Step 3 - Cut out letters and allow Whisper to get in the way of the photo

Step 3 b - Picture retake but Whisper refuses to move

Step 4 - Mod Podge scrapbook paper onto wooden letters using plastic bags as shields

and Wha-lah! Now, onto my next classroom project.

No comments:

Post a Comment