Now that we're moved in, here's proof that we put up pictures within the first week (instead of waiting 2-3 years like we've been known to do in the past).
 |
| Guest Room/My office - Dereck and I decided with such small rooms, and because I sometimes drive him crazy if I'm doing work at home on my computer, that I would have my "office" in the guest room. Therefore, I'm paying tribute to my Seattle homage. |
 |
| Next to my computer is my Bachelor's Degree and my new distinguished award: Teacher of the Year award |
 |
| Up close on my award |
 |
| In singing fashion to the popular song...."I Feel Happy" |
 |
| In the hallway (Dereck didn't like where I had it at the Townhouse since it was the only spot left at the time this was received, above the Toilet. He wasn't keen on peeing and seeing a picture of us. Neither did our male friends. I don't blame them.) Thus, it takes center stage in the Hallway here. |
 |
| Due to having no closet in our Master Bedroom, this is our wardrobe closet from IKEA |
 |
| (Yes, it really is true. We don't make our bed and Whisper loves to sleep on my side of the bed. Probably because she doesn't get accidentally whacked on my side of the bed.) |
 |
| My side |
 |
| Our socks, underclothing and the like drawers |
 |
| His side |
 |
| Whisper is queen of the bed |
Last week, it was back to work for me with Summer School. Our program partners up with Teach for America and I become sort of the "mentor teacher" to two "student teachers." I only had to lesson plan and teach the first two days until the student teachers took over for the remainder of the program. I sit in the corner, observing, taking notes, giving guidance, and have fun watching "fresh" ideas come into play into the classroom. Here is a prime example with a fun game called "Captain's Coming." This rendition reminds me of the Fruit Basket game we played growing up.
 |
| "Captain's Coming" game - Mermaid was the phrase called so each student has to wave and say "Howdy Sailors." Yes, it's hilarious watching the students but the fact that the male student teachers doing this is beyond hysterical. |
With that, we've started taking it easy at the house. Almost too easy since we're barely getting any projects done. We did create the shelves for our linen/bathroom closet but I was in no mood to prime and paint the shelves yet. That will come in time as well as putting up the door for the closet.
No comments:
Post a Comment